GovernmentDepartmentsResidentsEconomic DevelopmentHow Do I?
Click to Home
Go To Search
Find Us On
At Your Service! Customer Service Request
The City of Harrisonville is always ready and willing to respond to citizens' concerns. Listed below are some of the broad areas of services provided by the city and specific complaints, issues or problems that residents can encounter.  If you need assistance with any of the topics listed below, or if you simply have a question about city services, please email us using the appropriate highlighted link.

When you click on the link, it will open a blank email message that is pre-addressed to the appropriate city representative.  Please include a short, one or two-word description of the problem in the subject line. Then, in the body of the email, be as thorough as possible and don't forget to include a street address.  Staff will address your concern within two business days.  If you need immediate assistance, please call 816-380-8900.  If you have an emergency, please call 911.

If you would like city staff to contact you when the problem is resolved, please include your name, address and phone number in your email, so we can get back in touch.

And, if you should have any problems with the email links, simply call 816-380-8901 to report your problem.

General Concerns
If you need assistance with any of the following, contact the City Administrator's Office:
  • Schedule a meeting with the mayor or an alderman
  • Schedule a meeting with the city administrator
  • Concerns with the cable TV company
  • Trash pick up issues
  • General concerns

Animal Control Issues

If you have problems in these areas, please contact the Harrisonville Police Department:
  • Suspected animal abuse
  • Animals roaming at large
  • Excessive barking
  • Dangerous dog(s)
  • Feral cats
  • Dead animal pick up

Codes & Zoning Problems
If you have concerns or issues with any of the following, please contact personnel within the Codes Administration Department:
  • Inoperable vehicles parked in yards or on streets
  • Construction without a permit
  • Dangerous or dilapidated buildings
  • Illegal signs
  • Zoning violations
  • Property maintenance issues
  • High grass or weeds
  • Junk, debris, or dangerous appliances stored outside

Electric Problems
For help with any of the following, please contact the Electric Department:
  • Street lights out or malfunctioning
  • Dead or dangerous trees, particularly in or around power lines
  • Tree trimming requests (power line obstruction)

Fire & Emergency Services
Contact the Emergency Services Department for help with any of the following:
  • General questions, comments, or concerns regarding fire protection services
  • Fire hydrant blocked or damaged
  • Fire lane violation
  • Outdoor burning violation

Parks & Recreation
For help with the following, contact the Parks and Recreation Department:
  • Facility rentals
  • Park maintenance
  • Suggest a recreation program or activity
  • Recreation program or activity issues

Police Activities
If you need help or have concerns about any of the following, please contact the Harrisonville Police Department:
  • Report suspected child abuse or elder abuse
  • Report suspected criminal activity, drug activity, or drug house
  • Parking issues
  • Officer misconduct
  • Speeding or traffic concerns
  • Traffic sign obstructions
  • Traffic signal issues
  • Other concerns

Streets, Sidewalks & Storm Drainage Problems
Contact the Street Department to report problems with any of the following:
  • Curbs and sidewalks
  • Potholes, sinkholes, and depressions
  • Street obstructions
  • Street sweeping
  • Snow removal
  • Damaged or missing street signs
  • Problems or concerns with construction projects
  • Crumbling sidewalks / curbs
  • Drainage issues
  • Erosion control issues
  • Handicapped access concerns or suggestions
  • Request mowing on city right of way
  • Yard restoration after city construction projects
  • Damaged storm water structures

Sewer & Water Problems

If you need assistance with any of the following, please contact the Director of Public Works:
  • Water odors
  • Sewer odors
  • Leaking or damaged water hydrants
  • Water back up in basements