- Feature Links
- Bid Postings
Commercial Infared or Lava Rock Sauna for the Harrisonville Community Center
REQUEST FOR BIDS
Parks and Recreation Department
City of Harrisonville, Missouri
The City of Harrisonville, Missouri, invites interested vendors to submit a signed bid for the product and services as described herein.
Bids must be received by the Parks and Recreation Directors Office, 2400 Jefferson Parkway, P.O. Box 367, Harrisonville, Missouri, 64701, marked “P&R-2020-02 Custom Infared or Lava Rock Free Standing Sauna”, no later than 12:00 p.m., on Wednesday, April 8, 2020.
For information contact: Chris Deal, Parks and Recreation Director – Telephone: (816) 380-8985 FAX Number: (816) 380-8987
SUMMARY OF REQUEST
The Project consists of a qualified Vendor (company) to provide and deliver a Custom Infrared or Lava Rock “Free Standing” Sauna. If installation is provided this would be an alternate bid price for the Vendor to provide for this service. The Sauna is expected to be built out of traditional “sauna wood” material (Varied product proposals accepted).
The intent of this facility addition is to provide a high quality, cost effective, long life and ease of maintenance Infrared or Lava Rock Sauna for the Harrisonville Community Center.
• The size of the Commercial Infrared or Lava Rock Free Standing Sauna will be “approximately” 8’5”-foot-wide by 7’5”-foot-long(depth) by 7’ or 8’ foot tall.
• This should be a FREE-STANDING SAUNA KIT, with full dimensions given for a built sauna.
• 6-person Sauna with 3 designed benches & 36-inch Glass Door (ADA), and one glass window preferred.
• Produce Sauna Electric Heat components enough to cover/heat the size of the Sauna (Infrared or Lava Rock heat).
• Provide the number of years commercial warranty. Floor prototypes considered with less warranty.
• Capability to be left on for 15 plus hours, reset at fewer hours is acceptable.
• This Sauna will be placed in an Indoor Pool Area (Natatorium). A computer screen will be a problem with the moisture, so an alternate heat control component is requested.
• Electrical services to the Sauna will be provided by the owner (Harrisonville Parks & Recreation)
General Conditions/Installation Responsibilities
1. If installation of the Sauna is bid as an alternate, the installation of equipment is based upon normal work hours and access to the facilities during normal work hours (15 hour days) to be established by the City in consultation with the selected Vendor (company) and the Director of Parks and Recreation. Exceptions to this may be made on an as needed basis and as agreed upon with the Director of Parks and Recreation.
2. Coordination with facility operations and activities is essential.
3. Vendor will receive, unload and uncrate the Equipment from Contractor freight forwarder.
4. If installation of the Sauna is not included in the bid, the Vendor must provide full instructions for Sauna Kit assembly, and it is preferred that a Consultant from the Vendor Company be “On Site” during the assembly of the unit, if Parks & Recreation staff have to assemble .
1. Provide the name of the Sauna Company for a bid kit, or the type of Sauna to be built if not a Sauna kit
2. Provide experience and qualifications of the Vendor if installation is provided as an alternative with similar installation examples.
3. Provide summary of all items requested in this bid under project detail. And illustrate how the bid specifications will be met in the bid proposal
4. A separate vendor bid to do installation only of a Sauna Kit is acceptable, as an alternate bid.
All responsive proposals will be evaluated for staff to choose “the best” bid for this project. The City reserves the sole right to determine whether a Proposal is responsive and to waive any minor technicalities contained therein, to accept or reject, to add to or delete from, all Bid Proposals.