- Feature Links
- Job Opportunities
Full-time Job Openings
The City of Harrisonville, MO is seeking applicants to join our team of 25 police professionals. Candidates must possess Missouri POST (Peace Officer Standards and Training) certification. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. Applicants will be required to pass a series of written examinations, CVSA, extensive background investigation, oral review board, physical, psychological evaluation, eye exam, and pre-employment drug screen.
We offer a competitive pay ranges beginning at $38,670 as well as a benefit package that includes:
• Medical insurance
• Life insurance
• Defined benefit retirement (LAGERS)
• Sick leave
• 84 hours paid vacation upon completion of 1 year of service
• Uniforms and equipment provided by the city
All eligible applicants who submit the appropriate documentation prior to October 16th, 2020 will be invited to participate in written examinations in the coming weeks, however this position will remain open until filled.
Submit your resume and a required application form online, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, hand deliver to the Police Department at 205 N. Lexington, or mail to PO Box 367, Harrisonville, MO 64701. Applications may be obtained at Harrisonville City Hall, 300 E. Pearl St., Harrisonville, MO 64701, Harrisonville Police Department at 205 N. Lexington St. Harrisonville, MO, or downloaded from the city website at www.harrisonville.com.
The City of Harrisonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WATER & SEWER MAINTENANCE WORKER
The City of Harrisonville, Missouri is accepting applications for a fullt-ime Maintenance Worker. Requires a Class B CDL, heavy lifting, outdoor work, knowledge of public facility maintenance and repair (sewer lines and water lines) and successfully passing a pre-employment drug test. Heavy equipment operating experience is preferred.
Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED, must be able to perform bending and reaching to both ground level and overhead; lifts, carries, pushes and pulls up to 100 pounds; must be able to hold and grip objects.
Will be subject to on-call and on occasion must work long hours and overtime during holidays, emergencies, and weekends.
Work is primarily outdoors and will be exposed to extreme weather conditions. Successful candidate will be required to relocate to within 45-minute drive time to the Water/Sewer Department Warehouse, located at 201 W Chestnut Street.
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications. The City offers excellent benefits.
Questions may be directed to April Clark at (816) 380-8964 or email to email@example.com.
Apply online now or visit the City web site www.harrisonville.com for a downloadable application. Email application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
One position is available and this will remain open until filled.
The City of Harrisonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
BUILDING CODES AND PROPERTY MAINTENANCE CODES INSPECTOR
The City of Harrisonville is seeking applications for the position of Building Codes and Property Maintenance Codes Inspector.
The Building Codes and Property Maintenance Codes Inspector is a full-time position and is responsible for Building Code and Property Maintenance Code inspections and enforcement.
Salary will be dependent on the applicant’s experience and qualifications. The City offers excellent benefits.
This position will remain open until it is filled.
The City of Harrisonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION SUMMARY: Harrisonville, Missouri is a 4th class city located 30 miles south of Kansas City, Missouri with a population of approximately 10,000. Harrisonville Emergency Services is a department with up to date equipment with state of the art EMS equipment. Currently employee’s 21 full time personnel including command staff that performs the challenging work of emergency medical care, fire suppression, fire prevention and rescue. The fire department operates a 24 hour Modified Berkley Schedule. The department operates one ALS engine, and two fully staffed ALS ambulances from one station.
• Responds to emergency situations and incident to suppress fires, affect rescues/extrications, participated in searches, mitigate hazardous materials and perform other duties as assigned and capable.
• Operate firefighting tools, aerial equipment, emergency medical equipment, extrication and rescue equipment and a variety of related tools and vehicles.
• Provide basic and advanced life support and emergency medical care.
• Participates in on-going technical and physical training to maintain certifications.
• Cleans and performs routine maintenance and minor repairs to department facilities.
• Participates in fire prevention and safety education/promotional events. Conducts station tours and gives presentations and demonstrates the use of the fire suppression and safety equipment.
• Assists in documenting incident and provides incident information to appropriate agencies and supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The city will send selected individuals to Firefighter I & II Training if necessary.
•Possession of a valid state driver’s license
•High school diploma or equivalent.
• Vocational/technical training in firefighting and emergency medical treatment with two years of firefighting and paramedic experience or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Possession of EMT-P certification, Firefighter I & II, hazardous materials operation, advanced life support, and basic life support certifications (ACLS, PALS, BTLS, CPR-Health Care Provider).
Pay starts at $41,500 Benefit package includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance; Missouri LAGERs pension, discounted membership to the City’s Community Center, tuition assistance program, and employee wellness program.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements and copy of certifications to one of the following:
• FAX: (816)-380-5630
• Apply in Person: Harrisonville Emergency Services, 903 S. Commercial St, Harrisonville, MO 64701
• Or online at www.harrisonville.com
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
The City of Harrisonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Part-time Job Openings
There are currently no part-time openings for the City of Harrisonville.
There are currently no certification classes available through the City of Harrisonville.
The City of Harrisonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).